WHAT A UKIP GOVERNMENT WILL DO
Below are just a few of the dozens of UKIP Policies covering every aspect of British life: (see more)
● UKIP opposes current plans of the liberal elite and mainstream politicians to charge patients for visiting their GP. UKIP will ensure the NHS is FREE at the point of delivery and time of need for all UK citizens.
● UKIP will increase personal allowance to the level of full-time minimum wage earnings (approx £13,500 by next election) and Inheritance tax will be abolished. We will introduce a 35p income tax rate between £42,285 and £55,000, whereupon the 40p rate becomes payable.
● UKIP will leave the EU, take back control of our borders and save at least £8bn pa in net contributions. We would reoccupy the UK’s vacant seat at the World Trade Organisation (WTO), ensuring that we continue to enjoy ‘most favoured nation’ status in trade with the EU, as is required under WTO rules.
● Work permits will be permitted to fill skills gaps in the UK jobs market. UKIP recognises the benefits of limited, controlled immigration.
● UKIP will cut the foreign aid budget by £9bn pa, prioritising disaster relief and schemes which provide water and inoculation against preventable diseases. [Charity begins at home]
● UKIP will remove tuition fees for students taking approved degrees in science, medicine, technology, engineering, maths on the condition that they live, work and pay tax in the UK for five years after the satisfactory completion of their degrees.
● UKIP will fully resource our military assets and personnel and will guarantee those who have served in the Armed Forces for a minimum of 12 years a job in the police force, prison service or border force.
● UKIP supports a diverse energy market including coal, nuclear, shale gas, geo-thermal, tidal, solar, conventional gas and oil.
● UKIP will reinstate British territorial waters. Foreign trawlers would have to apply for and purchase fishing permits to fish British waters when fish stocks have returned to sustainable levels.
● UKIP opposes the bedroom tax because it operates unfairly, penalising those who are unable to find alternative accommodation and taking insufficient account of the needs of families and the disabled. We do, however, support a simplified, streamlined welfare system and a benefit cap.
● UKIP believes that full sentences should be served and this should be taken into account when criminals are convicted and sentenced in court. Parole should be available for good behaviour on a case-by-case basis, not systematically. We will ensure that the law is rigorously enforced in relation to ‘cultural’ practices which are illegal in Britain, such as forced marriages and FGM.
● UKIP will repeal the Human Rights Act and replace it with a new British Bill of Rights. The interests of law-abiding citizens & victims will always take precedence over those of criminals. We will return to the principles of the UN Convention of Refugees which serves to protect the most vulnerable.
● UKIP will protect the Green Belt. Planning rules will be changed to make it easier to build on brownfield sites instead of greenfield sites and houses built on brownfield sites will be exempt from Stamp Duty on first sale.